Africa: Progressive Farming Developments For The Indoor and Vertical Farming Industry
Urban Agri World 2019 will be taking place in 6 weeks! Don’t miss this international industry event incorporating Vertical Farming, Greenhouses and Controlled Environment Agriculture.
Get your conference ticket now.
Registration details can be found at the link below:
Featured Speakers of the Week:
5 Key Reasons to Attend UAW 2019
1. Updates on the various forms of Indoor Vertical farming as an innovative methodology for vertical cultivation of agricultural products, which can also realize true zero-mile city food supply.
2. Find out how Vertical farming and Urban Agriculture, when designed and implemented appropriately, could offer sustainable and innovative solutions for improving food security.
3. Get the latest updates on initiatives countries are taking to incorporate Urban Agriculture, Indoor and Vertical Farming as part of a Local, Regional and National Food System.
4. Find out how Urban Agriculture and its various forms are encouraging youth to take-up farming.
5. This year we will also explore Future Markets Opportunities Beyond Produce, with burgeoning interest in the production of medicinal plants in controlled environment farms following the new rulings on cannabis production for medicinal use in several African countries.
PLUS: Farm Visit to Dube AgriZone
Africa’s first integrated perishables supply chain and the most technologically-advanced
future farming platform on the continent. It is host to the largest climate-controlled,
glass-covered growing area in Africa.
Now into its third successful year, Urban Agri World is the region's leading agriculture event focused on Agritech, Controlled Environment Agriculture and Indoor Farming. It brings together Growers, Investors, Produce Buyers, Academics, Policy Makers, Technology & System Integrators and CEA Business Owners.
Featuring practical sessions on the hottest topics, exhibits, lunch table discussions and unlimited networking opportunities, it connects services and solution providers from all over the world to serious local buyers and partners.
About Urban Agri World (UAW 2019)
Many countries and companies are expressing strong interest in vertical farming business & urban agriculture. It is a solution to the weather and pests problems, food security, climate change and environmental preservation challenges. Commercialization of vertical farming is catching on in Asia, Europe, USA, Russia & now Africa. Many private companies are interested in growing crops in hydroponic, aquaponics & aeroponics systems in warehouses, greenhouses, containers & high skyscrapers.
There is also a burgeoning interest in the production of medicinal plants in vertical farms following the new rulings on cannabis production for medicinal use. UAW 2019 will touch on the pressing issues pertaining to progressive farming developments for the Indoor and vertical farming industry.